A Foundation Of Truth And Light!
Soul's foundation- values are what?
Can you clearly see
just what makes you proudly strut?
What is of the utmost importance to you?
Make a list, and write a thing or two.
If you want the cool Coast
and I want Mountains towering,
Neither one will be happy
If you like the sun
and I like the shade
can a workable compromise
ever really be made?
If you want a Burger King Super Meal
and I want organic carrots with the peal
what do we do, where do we turn?
If you do it my way,
your anger will me burn!
This is how I see it,
at its very core,
You want fun pleasures
and nothing really more.
That is cool, I can allow all,
but I'll never go your way
that would be
and that won't happen today!
I can allow, applaud
and support your insistence,
but understand well
it may be
at a great distance
Kick my butt
and push real hard
I'll still love you
but from afar
My values are clear
for me unchanging.
There is no influence,
will be rearranging
all I seek
it's Truth and Light
and all that I speak
When I daily look at situations,
the current difficult conditions?
What makes me smarter,
healthier and loving?
What would bring me down,
a darkness self discovering?
I don't fall for what feels good
and at any earthly cost...
In that worldly paradigm
I'm damned and really lost
What sets me free,
sends me soaring?
a true pure restoring?
Truth and Light the banners wave
aware heavenly souls,
you've always been brave
you are the Winter's coals
Perhaps clear values
define all action,
Perhaps we aren't a match,
just purely a distraction.
My course is now chosen
and it now moves me.
I no longer have brakes,
I flow easily,
A chained-down slave
I'll be no more
Perhaps this is
at last my open door.
Truth and Light is all I perceive,
patient Lovingkindness thru all!
I'm no longer of this place
and all of its madness.
It looks like hell to me
with occasional temporary gladness.
I'm on my way, IT now pulls me,
I must say to you Adieu,
Beingness, stillness, and love
always and option
for all of you too!
Mr. Nobody's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Foundation Of Truth And Light! by Mr. Nobody )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Recipe To Live, Asma Riaz Khan
- How Irritating, Margaret Alice Second
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Loving Lips, V P Mahur
- Am Winterwehr, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen