I want to taste your words
Taste them and breathe them
Engulf myself in them, surround myself in them,
A whirling twirling haze of emotions and confusion
They talk to me, even when they aren’t speaking
Close my eyelids, softly, slowly
And wrap myself in the beauty of language
A beauty that transgresses beauty- -
A beauty that speaks a language of feeling and longing.
I want to personify the art form.
Read it and see it and imagine it in a vivid dream.
Taste it on the tip of my crimson tongue
Cry at the sound of its sorrow
Experience it, that’s all I want.
To taste it, that’s all I want.
Mishaal Javed's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~A feeling. by Mishaal Javed )
- Paper Wing, Liendang Hmar
- Like a Candle In The Wind, Liendang Hmar
- Story Line, A.R Evangelista
- Make a living but fail not to live, Bashyam Narayanan
- The Price I Pay, James George
- Not alone, Cheryl .J Barclay
- May our friendship last forever;, Cheryl .J Barclay
- SPICES OF LIFE, Philo Yan
- Flower & Sickle, Arno Le Roux
- There must be people around., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Lydia Howard Huntley Sigourney
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)