A Carnivore Again (Fun Poem 153)
After 7 month and 4 days
I am a carnivore again.
I can bite into an apple
and chew on a juicy steak.
No more liquidising
and taking dinner through a straw.
Yes, I got my teeth today.
But the only problem is
I have a rotten cold.
What will happen when I sneeze?
Are my brand new teeth going
to fly across the room
gathering dust as they roll across the floor,
the possibility remain to be seen.
One thing I do know is
I can yodel now
and I never did that before!
Having said all that
it’s just nice to know
I have a full set of knashers
and I am a carnivore again.
28 January 2014
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Carnivore Again (Fun Poem 153) by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...
- Live to Sleep, Robert Kane
- Devil Tree, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- My Translations!, Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- It's an illusion, Gopikrishnan Nair