a butterfly story..
The moment I release the zip, from the tight cocoon cloak,
I feel the heat from the tip, the new fresh breeze kisses my thorax,
Pushing the colored wings out, reposition of my retracted shape,
My flight of life has begun to finish, spraying the perfume of hope.
Confused for a while, resting on the mat, which is mated as Africans hair,
Watching all near and around, full of green with contrasting flowers,
Mummy was right; she has chosen the good spot, where I can grow up,
Blooms are young old and young, circled by my friends.
The colors of Chinese umbrella and Indonesian Malays batik design,
Indian jewels of gems and glass, European’s eagerness in my feeling,
American’s alertness in my action, Japanese futuristic notions of dreams,
African’s innocence, Middle Eastern blessing of black diamonds,
I have to live my life having all these treasure on my wings,
Before the passing away of my spirit to another spring,
First I touch the flowers with delight and then flutter and bounce,
No anchor and foundation, but a stalk of hope in trance,
Assisting the pollination, collecting the powder pollen,
Sipping the cognitive delusion, compounded eyes in delirium,
Many miles of flying zone pasted with colorful vegetation,
My life has just begun to wander, guard and replicate each bloom.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (a butterfly story.. by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Photographer, Ravikumar C.P.
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.
- Do, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Cinders of Life, Tim Labbe
- Aiy Mere Khuda Aiy Mere Khuda, Akhtar Jawad
- State of being, Ravikumar C.P.
- Flight, S.Michael Kozubek
- Undoubtedly something has gone wrong, Ravikumar C.P.
- Fire brand - Judge, gajanan mishra