A bouquet in verses to Smt.Anandavalli
Anandavalli, our colleague dear,
As you from I C F steer clear;
After three and thirty long years
Of service, very meritorious—
This little bouquet of verses,
Strung as of red-roses,
Is offered with love, so true
From hearts of many a hue.
With a loving spouse—your partner,
In your ship of life—a mariner;
With a gem of a darling daughter—
A blooming ‘Lotus' in laughter;
Providence has pleasantly smiled,
And with a home neatly styled;
Where a Prince Charming soon,
Will land as a great boon.
A fond soul—loving and kind,
Who had ever been patient in mind,
Will ever in our memories dwell,
Is the assurance given at this farewell.
With health in decrepitude,
She, now from this multitude,
Is withdrawing herself to recuperate,
In her sweet hearth, from this date.
We, sure, will miss her presence,
And her dignity in radiance.
But ‘cause of her health she retires,
We console ourselves to acquiesce.
Anandavalli, dear, forget-us-not,
Is the entreaty that is humbly sought.
May all your dreams do flower,
And your heart rejoice in the bower.
May you your former health regain,
And be your old self again;
May God on you His Blessings shower,
Is our heart's ardent prayer.
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem as 'A BOUQUET IN VERSES'written by me, on behalf of other staff, was presented to her at the farewell party which she appreciated very much, being an ardent lover of English.
Comments about this poem (A bouquet in verses to Smt.Anandavalli by chandra thiagarajan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
Poem of the Day
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Winter and Christmas, Rimni chakravarty
- - Μουγγό σκυλί (Greek poem), Giorgio A. V.
- Say You Are One of Them, Aysha Ananse
- Astonished, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Love It So, Edward Kofi Louis