A bouquet in verses to Smt.Anandavalli
Anandavalli, our colleague dear,
As you from I C F steer clear;
After three and thirty long years
Of service, very meritorious—
This little bouquet of verses,
Strung as of red-roses,
Is offered with love, so true
From hearts of many a hue.
With a loving spouse—your partner,
In your ship of life—a mariner;
With a gem of a darling daughter—
A blooming ‘Lotus' in laughter;
Providence has pleasantly smiled,
And with a home neatly styled;
Where a Prince Charming soon,
Will land as a great boon.
A fond soul—loving and kind,
Who had ever been patient in mind,
Will ever in our memories dwell,
Is the assurance given at this farewell.
With health in decrepitude,
She, now from this multitude,
Is withdrawing herself to recuperate,
In her sweet hearth, from this date.
We, sure, will miss her presence,
And her dignity in radiance.
But ‘cause of her health she retires,
We console ourselves to acquiesce.
Anandavalli, dear, forget-us-not,
Is the entreaty that is humbly sought.
May all your dreams do flower,
And your heart rejoice in the bower.
May you your former health regain,
And be your old self again;
May God on you His Blessings shower,
Is our heart's ardent prayer.
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem as 'A BOUQUET IN VERSES'written by me, on behalf of other staff, was presented to her at the farewell party which she appreciated very much, being an ardent lover of English.
Comments about this poem (A bouquet in verses to Smt.Anandavalli by chandra thiagarajan )
- Marbella Marbella, James coupland
- Now Or Never, Marites C. Cayetano
- dance, Cee Bea
- Happy Halloween, Natarajan Ramaseshan
- I Saw You, But Could Not Say I Love You .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Honour Killing, Whose Honour, Where's Ho.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Seminar Activity, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Story of a thousand Hopes, clawdea benat
- gLoW hideing OfF iN2 thE sUnsEt, sEaN nOrTh
- Absence, Ibrahim Nasrallah
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- November, Thomas Hood
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Character, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)