Here I sit to scribble
in dim confinement of these
To declare my deep thoughts
in hope for fertile grounds
in regions this body may never go.
I pray some earthly being may read this
- my write, that I may walk with you.
To the fairest, Oh Africa where
all life flow.
On towering Himalayas a bird-eyed view
of great wonder.
Or maybe in the chilled winters of Europe
Take me there! to the land beneath this
ground I sit.
Let me go to the remote Antarctic
then voyage to the city of lights
that never sleeps.
And now take me to the Amazon to rest
among a forest of dreams.
I know its much to ask
But let me walk the seven continents.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (7 Continents by Godfrey Morris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My Friend Forever, Margaret Alice Second
- Sometimes I am afraid, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- সময়(Time), Avik Datta Gupta
- Lieu Time, Francie Lynch
- When The Heart Bleeds, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- Many Crooked Cops are Shooting and Killing, Hebert Logerie
- My First Love, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- To Record What Is Kept, Naveed Akram
- Rumour, Humphrey Bryant
- BLACK SHEEP, Bironga Chadwick