Danny The Dreamer Boyd
7 Ballads Of The Fall: The Duke Of Drunkenshire ' Pour Me All and Purge Mine Soul '
'Pour me one: ' said he,
'For I am to drink endlessly!
For I am to drink till the sun rises,
Every morrow, and sets then on me.'
'Pour me another, nay, pour me plenty;
Pour me all you've got in thy inventory:
For I am to drink till my demise;
Pour me thine poison, for I'm seeking the end of me! '
'Pour me all to forget, and purge mine soul in wine;
Pour me all out of regret, and purge mine soul in soot!
Pour on me all, and purge mine soul, in thine divine
Death drinks, of salvation I am now in pursuit.'
He said, 'I will drink for the good times,
And I will drink for the pain;
I will drink for every verse and rhyme,
I wrote for her and was in vain! '
And with every drink he swallows down:
He dies just a little bit more,
Almost on the edge to drown,
In a cup of ale, an alone troubadour!
And with every cup and every sip,
Her memory breaks out of his soul;
And with every sip and every drip,
Her memory becomes more blurry to recall.
And with every sip and every clip, he had his heart apart,
Right before his hazy eye, and now his lifeless life to depart.
Hence, it's never enough, so for Gluttony not to thrall!
And that's the Sixth One of the 7 Deadly Reasons To Fall.
Danny The Dreamer Boyd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (7 Ballads Of The Fall: The Duke Of Drunkenshire ' Pour Me All and Purge Mine Soul ' by Danny The Dreamer Boyd )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(c. 600 BCE)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Chocolate, Akhtar Jawad
- Lost child in my own home, Hudhaifah Siyad
- scale, Nisha K. Janine
- Truth stands, gajanan mishra
- If only it were from me my Love, Hudhaifah Siyad
- Neither Hindugiri Nor Christiangiri Nor .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Unbound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Mask We Wear, Is It Poetry
- Purified man, gajanan mishra
- Questioning Deity?, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR