3 Bullets Left
I know they are coming for me,
they're close on my tail.
I feel it in my bones,
without doubt I can tell.
Is that dust on the distant trail?
No more can I run,
it's time for mayhem,
I'm now in a corner,
time to confront all of them.
What is my plan,
what will I use?
I have only 3 bullets,
but plenty of booze!
Shall I use strategy,
taking out 2 with each round?
Shall I burn this whole place,
right to the damn ground?
I gotta think fast,
I gotta be quick,
the rope they'll have
will be really thick!
Maybe I'll set out visible,
all my bottles of Whiskey,
Let them relax,
and then act real briskly?
What do I owe me,
a blaze of glory?
A hell of a tale,
crazy and very gory?
One bottle for me,
and three for them,
Two bullets for them,
one for me?
Will there today
be hell to pay?
will I be in hell
today to play?
Start drinkin', stop thinkin',
saddles and spurs now close, clinkin',
my blood cold, my gut is sinkin'
Goin' out blazing,
goin' for gory!
Explosions, noise, blood...
End of story
Mr. Nobody's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (3 Bullets Left by Mr. Nobody )
Did you read them?
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
- Intense drive, hasmukh amathalal
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
- Phantasies Only Relief, Numbing (me), Lonely Voyager
- Offer with promises, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning Triku XXV, Steve Kittell
- My Pencil, Steve Kittell
Poem of the Day
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 February 1944 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)