3 Bullets Left
I know they are coming for me,
they're close on my tail.
I feel it in my bones,
without doubt I can tell.
Is that dust on the distant trail?
No more can I run,
it's time for mayhem,
I'm now in a corner,
time to confront all of them.
What is my plan,
what will I use?
I have only 3 bullets,
but plenty of booze!
Shall I use strategy,
taking out 2 with each round?
Shall I burn this whole place,
right to the damn ground?
I gotta think fast,
I gotta be quick,
the rope they'll have
will be really thick!
Maybe I'll set out visible,
all my bottles of Whiskey,
Let them relax,
and then act real briskly?
What do I owe me,
a blaze of glory?
A hell of a tale,
crazy and very gory?
One bottle for me,
and three for them,
Two bullets for them,
one for me?
Will there today
be hell to pay?
will I be in hell
today to play?
Start drinkin', stop thinkin',
saddles and spurs now close, clinkin',
my blood cold, my gut is sinkin'
Goin' out blazing,
goin' for gory!
Explosions, noise, blood...
End of story
Mr. Nobody's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (3 Bullets Left by Mr. Nobody )
Did you read them?
- तुम्हारी याद (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Sacred Men, Naveed Akram
- दर्द ही सही (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- तेरा ग़म (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- On the road of life على طريق الحياة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Travel, Hans Raj Sharma
- I Will Enter, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Unlimited Love, howard simon
- O, Earth! O, Heavens!, Rachel Glassman
- Epithalamium, Rachel Glassman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)