1985: Money Poems I & II
This is my last bill.
Last time I have to
About being asked for money.
Spent, I think I’ll go try to remember what
I did before I knew what
An allowance was.
In your exchange we’re
All equal, survivors that-
Even with nothing- must
Be accounted for. It’s a
Freedom’s bloodiest gift.
Cretan Maineiac's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (1985: Money Poems I & II by Cretan Maineiac )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Dead Theatre, rashmi sri
- The nest of love, Jesus James Llorico
- Pappou Elia To My Father In Australia 1.., Elia Michael
- The God of Fallen Leaves, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lonely Gallinule, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Appeasement, Stephanie Sharma
- Golden Boyhood, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Mysterious Beauty, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Complex Mind, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Twin stars, Zillur Rahman Shuvro