RIC S. BASTASA
10: 49 P.M. And Undefinite With What To Write
there is this sickness that compels me to write. There is this nausea that makes me
capture the words.
There is this pain that opens me up
all images that soon appear like shadows of birds on the side of a hill
the full moon.
there is this void that behaves like a big mouth but cannot speak.
there is this silence that dignifies
It is like an old woman waiting for no one by the stairs facing the dusty road in an old country.
i have these eyes that look for nothing like a dead man staring without feeling what lies there in front of those who scrutinize an event.
there is this trembling of the flesh in the arms while facing the monitor inside a closed room.
there is this peace in exhaustion.
there is this knowledge of a dead end and there are no cars there.
No doors but only walls.
there is this walk without a definite direction.
there is this purpose that you cannot describe.
there are lots of lost meanings that slip from our tongues and which we cannot
there is this game of boredom where we are all losers.
there is this acceptance without question because there is nothing worth
after all these years
when we age and we do not care.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (10: 49 P.M. And Undefinite With What To Write by RIC S. BASTASA )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- [CW]Watch The Flash Season 1 Episode 11 .., Renz Barns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Priceless Price, Persian Nightingale
- Cacophonous eves, Priyanka Bhowmick
- MY SIMPLE TASTES, Hannington Mumo
- I Feel So Lonely/So Left Out Of It, Shalom Freedman
- Cliche, Rimni chakravarty
- Acceptance of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- What peace accepts?, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- It, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Wonderful world of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Dare, H.M. Gautsch