RIC S. BASTASA
10: 49 P.M. And Undefinite With What To Write
there is this sickness that compels me to write. There is this nausea that makes me
capture the words.
There is this pain that opens me up
all images that soon appear like shadows of birds on the side of a hill
the full moon.
there is this void that behaves like a big mouth but cannot speak.
there is this silence that dignifies
It is like an old woman waiting for no one by the stairs facing the dusty road in an old country.
i have these eyes that look for nothing like a dead man staring without feeling what lies there in front of those who scrutinize an event.
there is this trembling of the flesh in the arms while facing the monitor inside a closed room.
there is this peace in exhaustion.
there is this knowledge of a dead end and there are no cars there.
No doors but only walls.
there is this walk without a definite direction.
there is this purpose that you cannot describe.
there are lots of lost meanings that slip from our tongues and which we cannot
there is this game of boredom where we are all losers.
there is this acceptance without question because there is nothing worth
after all these years
when we age and we do not care.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (10: 49 P.M. And Undefinite With What To Write by RIC S. BASTASA )
- Frae the friends and land I love, Robert Burns
- The Fête Champêtre, Robert Burns
- From ' Lachrymæ Lachrymarum', Joseph Hall
- Friendship Way, Paul Sebastian
- Psalm VII, Joseph Hall
- Drogman*, Translation of Pierre Emmanuel.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Bitch Please, Akhil Zoomin
- The Lonely One, John F. McCullagh
- Psalm I, Joseph Hall
- Psalm LVII, George Wither
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Away, Melancholy, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)