1.Worthy controls anger on
weak, others immaterial.
2.Angry against stronger, tolerable,
weaker more dangerous.
3.Forget offenders’ deeds, control
Springing harmful anger.
4.Is there foe besides
anger, killing delights?
5.Control anger, guarding-self otherwise
it ruins self.
6.Fire-anger burns self, besides
destroying helping relatives.
7.As land-digger is injured
anger-weapon user ruins.
8.Evade anger, even one harms
9.Unthinking anger gets his
desires fulfilled instantly.
10.Limitless angry-men as dead
unraged are renounced.
Dedicated to Thiruvalluvar(31B.C) , the author in Tamil
Translated by S.Kandasamy, MUSIRI, TAMILNADU, INDIA
Published in poemhunter.com on 3-12-13
SELLAMUTHU KANDASAMY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (1.31.AVOID ANGER by SELLAMUTHU KANDASAMY )
- Interior Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Set a date, hasmukh amathalal
- Mandela, Gary Corseri
- In my own idea, gajanan mishra
- Sink deep, hasmukh amathalal
- It's on Sale, Doug Jones
- I Sang, Vera Sidhwa
- Something Just Touched Me, Stephen Warren Williams
- Waiting too Volunteer, michael walkerjohn
- Embargo all over, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)