1.Worthy controls anger on
weak, others immaterial.
2.Angry against stronger, tolerable,
weaker more dangerous.
3.Forget offenders’ deeds, control
Springing harmful anger.
4.Is there foe besides
anger, killing delights?
5.Control anger, guarding-self otherwise
it ruins self.
6.Fire-anger burns self, besides
destroying helping relatives.
7.As land-digger is injured
anger-weapon user ruins.
8.Evade anger, even one harms
9.Unthinking anger gets his
desires fulfilled instantly.
10.Limitless angry-men as dead
unraged are renounced.
Dedicated to Thiruvalluvar(31B.C) , the author in Tamil
Translated by S.Kandasamy, MUSIRI, TAMILNADU, INDIA
Published in poemhunter.com on 3-12-13
SELLAMUTHU KANDASAMY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (1.31.AVOID ANGER by SELLAMUTHU KANDASAMY )
- E-rated poemier-heel out, Elvis Airohi
- The Keladi People, Ismim Putera
- 159. The Book of my Life, John Westlake
- Words were golden, hasmukh amathalal
- The Allen Chronicles, Romella Kitchens
- My eyes, Cee Bea
- E-rated poemier-all us, Elvis Airohi
- April Woman, Salma Jayyusi
- The Ship of Love, Salma Jayyusi
- Censorious Ignorance, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Cross, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)