Mukunda Das [Charankabi] (22 February 1878 - 18 May 1934 / Dhaka / Bangladesh (Brithish India))
Mukunda Das (Bengali: মুকুন্দদাস)was an Indian poet, ballad singer, composer and patriot, who contributed to the spread of Swadeshi movement in rural Bengal.
Mukunda Das came from a modest background. His grandfather was a boatman and his father was a grocer. He was born as Yajneshwar De to Gurudayal De and Shyamasundari Devi in the village of Banari, in the Bikrampur pargana of Dhaka District (currently part of Munshiganj District, Bangladesh). When he was seven, the family migrated to Barisal where they settled permanently. His father set up a grocery store in the Alekanda region of Barisal town. Being Vaishnavas, his father used to sing devotional... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Ami Ek Dhormo-Anuragi
- Ami Gaibo Ki R Shunbo Ke Re
- Ami Gan Koritam Gaite Dile Gan
- Ban Eshechhe Mora Gange Khulte Hobe Nao
- Bolo Vai Mete Jai Bondematorom
- Chhere Deo Kacher Churi Bongonari
- Chhol Chaturi Kopotota Meki Mal R Cholbe...
- Dekhlem Vai Jati Kul Bichare
- Voy Ki Morone