Miguel Hernandez Poems
- Everything Is Full Of You Everything is full of you and I ...
- To The International Soldier F...
- First Song The field has retreated, seeing man's ...
- Lullaby Of The Onion An onion is frost shut in and ...
- The World Is As It Appears The world is as it appears ...
- Elegy Friend of my soul, I want to be the tearful gardener ...
- Bloody Fate I come, blood on blood, like the sea, wave on ...
Miguel Hernández (30 October 1910 - 28 March 1942), born in Orihuela (Valencian Community), was a leading 20th century Spanish poet and playwright.
Hernández was born to a poor family and received little formal education; he published his first book of poetry at 23, and gained considerable fame before his death. He spent his childhood as a goatherd and farmhand, and was, for the most ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Miguel Hernandez
Everything Is Full Of You
Everything is full of you
and I am full of everything:
the cities are full,
and the cemeteries are full,
you, with all the houses,
me, with all the bodies.
Down the streets, I will leave
something that I will retake:
pieces of my life
come from far away.
I go, feathered by agony
against my will, to see myself
in the threshold, in the bottom
hidden since birth.
Everything is full of me:
of something that is yours and memory
lost, but found
once more, some day.
Days that linger behind