Mary Havran Poems
- Tested By The Fire Am I to be tested by fire? Tempered, as ...
- Before The Dawn Before dawn wind rushes driving night’s ...
- Small Mourning Pieces No time to prepare Shoved over cliff ...
- . Walking Wounded Somewhere, sometime, you were ...
- Lonely Is Just One Word Lonely is just one word chosen to ...
- . Ignorance Be Bliss If Ignorance be Bliss One may not seek ...
- . Late Of Love Love came late Or, I came late to ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Tested By The Fire
Am I to be tested by fire?
Tempered, as steel, to forge the keener blade
Can I possibly survive?
Emerge from the flame
Is such searing necessary?
Must all that I am (or thought I was)
Be melted to the core
And poured out
Am I to be totally recast?
Refashioned at the anvil by heavy handed blows
So unyielding that I require
This violent a process
I would choose a milder makeover
The gentler touch
Of potter to the clay
The subtle training
Of gardener to the ...