Marie Ponsot Poems
- Out Of Water A new embroidery of flowers, canary color, ...
- Springing In a skiff on a sunrisen lake we are ...
- Pre-Text (for Douglas, at one) Archaic, his ...
- Anniversary The big doll being broken and the sawdust ...
- Pathetic Fallacies Are Bad Sci... On reading Susanne K. ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Marie Ponsot
Out Of Water
A new embroidery of flowers, canary color,
dots the grass already dotty
with aster-white and clover.
I warn, "They won't last, out of water."
The children pick some anyway.
In or out of water
children don't last either.
I watch them as they pick.
Still free of what's next
and what was yesterday
they pick today.