Marcus Mosiah Garvey
Marcus Mosiah Garvey Poems
- The Tragedy Of White Injustice (1) Lying and stealing is the...
- The Black Mother Where can I find love that never changes ...
- A Black Man's Speech To A Whit...
- The Black Woman Black queen of beauty, thou hast given color ...
- Keep Cool Suns have set and suns will rise Upon many gloomy ...
- Hail! United States Of Africa Hail! United States of ...
- A Black Man's Prayer Send Thy peace to all this world, Lord ...
Rt. Excellent Marcus Mosiah Garvey, Jr., National Hero of Jamaica (17 August 1887 – 10 June 1940) was a publisher, journalist, entrepreneur, Black Nationalist, Pan-Africanist, and orator. Marcus Garvey was founder of the Universal Negro Improvement Association and African Communities League (UNIA-ACL). Prior to the twentieth century, leaders such as Prince Hall, Martin Delany, Edward Wilmot ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Marcus Mosiah Garvey
The Tragedy Of White Injustice
Lying and stealing is the white man's game;
For rights of God nor man he has no shame
(A practice of his throughout the whole world)
At all, great thunderbolts he has hurled;
He has stolen everywhere-land and sea;
A buccaneer and pirate he must be,
Killing all, as he roams from place to place,
Leaving disease, mongrels-moral disgrace-
The world's history of him is replete,
From his javelin-bolt to new-built fleet:
Hosts he has robbed and crushed below;
Of friend and neighbor he has made a foe.
From our men and women he made the ...