Luke J. Holt
Luke J. Holt Poems
- Kind Of Like The Happy Prince i awaken cast in gild i have ...
- For She Who Pillaged Night Wit... when the brook heaved ...
- Staged Fright The fear of the near future and what in it you...
- Ballet Of The Pulsar Nude Vascular hued shapes in a silly ...
- Comets (Fragment Sequence #2 1... a matchbox as a ...
- Fissure split the sea part this maw agape and stuff in its ...
- Corn Sentinel That scarecrow is thin because he is a ...
i am currently alive. i live on earth. the earth is the fourth planet from the sun. i am the six billionth man from the earth
~L.Holt? ~ more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
'''From love, either real or unreal, all are born free. But many of us learn lessons and are hurt and calcify or become maddened, caged, frightened or hollowed in its absence'''Luke J Holt
Kind Of Like The Happy Prince
i awaken cast in gild
i have no breakfast
kind of like the Happy Prince
as of whom Oscar, that Pre-Movie starlet spoke
atop the steeple
neighboring broad clocks and bells of singing yellow
pleading the swallow to bring to they who leer and admire him his face of various jewels.
i gave my nose to a thirsty girl
my nose was a glorious ruby
like that of the Happy Prince
i too alike the swallow who fell in love with a reed in a faraway marsh, a reed with many of her kind she would not leave, and deep, deep roots set in pickled waters
safe from the winds...