Jeff Gangwer Poems
- ...Too Young To Know The earliest memory of my father ...
- My Erector Set And The Electro... At gran'ma's place on ...
- ...On Cascade Dairy I learned to work on Cascade Dairy— on ...
- In 1984... In 1984...on September's fourth ...
- Workers Of The Earth I thank the workers of the earth— those...
- The Ride Are you like me? Do you enjoy the ride?
- The Assassination Of Thomas Ho... Her husband rocked back ...
Jeff Gangwer grew up in Parkdale, Keizer, Woodburn, and Salem, Oregon. He majored in English Education and minored in American Government Education. In 2011, he began teaching English Language Arts. He enjoys movies, music, audiobooks, and stand-up comedy. He also enjoys hiking, paintball, road running, shotgun shooting, and tennis. He lives in Utah with his lovely wife, Rebeca. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jeff Gangwer
The Assassination Of Thomas Howard
Her husband rocked back and forth in his chair;
He nodded, smiled, and combed back his hair.
She worked merrily in her domestic activities;
She knew not his crimes, nor his violent proclivities.
They spoke not a word—their two children nearby,
Running and hiding—not yet knowing "goodbye."
She straightened her apron; he lit his cigar—
Husband and wife—admiration from afar.
Amid laughter and frolic—the children at play—
Thomas stood from his chair and looked with dismay:
A "friend" had arrived—cowardly and young—
Coy and speaking with ...