Javed Akhtar (17 January 1945 - / Madhya Pradesh / India)
Javed Akhtar (Urdu: جاوید اختر) is a poet, lyricist and scriptwriter from India. Some of his most successful work was done in the late 1970s and 1980s with Salim Khan as half of the script-writing duo credited as Salim-Javed. Akhtar continues to be a prominent figure in Bollywood and is one of the most popular and sought-after lyricists.
He was born as Jadoo Akhtar in Gwalior, (Madhya Pradesh) to Jan Nisar Akhtar, a Bollywood film songwriter and Urdu poet, and singer Safia Akhtar, a teacher and writer. His original name was Jadoo, taken from a line in a poem written by his father: "Lamba, lamba kisi jadoo ka fasana hoga". He was given the official ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- A thing that still hasn't come up to my ...
- Ham to Bachpan main bhi Akele the
- If you have eagerness in your heart
- The moment seems to flow like a molten s...
- Whenever the clouds of pain and sadness ...