Jack Prelutsky Poems
- Last Night I Dreamed Of Chicke... Last night I dreamed of ...
- Be Glad Your Nose Is On Your F... Be glad your nose is on ...
- As Soon As Fred Gets Out Of Be... As soon as Fred gets out of ...
- Bleezer's Ice Cream I am Ebenezer Bleezer, I run BLEEZER'S ...
- The Visitor it came today to visit and moved into the ...
- Dora Diller 'My stomach's full of butterflies!' lamented ...
- Super Samson Simpson I am Super Samson Simpson, I'm ...
Jack Prelutsky is an American writer of children's poetry. He lives in Seattle, Washington with his wife, Carolynn.
Jack Prelutsky was born on September 8, 1940 in Brooklyn, New York to Charles, an electrician, and Dorothea, a homemaker. While he was still a baby, a fire burned his family's apartment and he was saved by his Uncle Charlie, who was a stand up comic who played the Borscht Belt. He was poor growing up, and he said he was "...a sensitive kid in a working class neighborhood. I got beat up a lot. I was a skinny kid with a big mouth. A bad combination."
He attended local public schools in the Bronx, hated the experience, and was... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Last Night I Dreamed Of Chickens
Last night I dreamed of chickens,
there were chickens everywhere,
they were standing on my stomach,
they were nesting in my hair,
they were pecking at my pillow,
they were hopping on my head,
they were ruffling up their feathers
as they raced about my bed.
They were on the chairs and tables,
they were on the chandeliers,
they were roosting in the corners,
they were clucking in my ears,
there were chickens, chickens, chickens
for as far as I could see...
when I woke today, I noticed
there were eggs on top of me.