Ivan Donn Carswell
Ivan Donn Carswell Poems
- In-Between you caught me in-between those things I didn’t ...
- Bigrit/I/B Yesterday’s dust storm dashed unrealistic ...
- Wither Away a way to piss yourself off thoroughly and ...
- Market In The Rain Bob’s view was we couldn’t run away, ...
- Sacred Space even sacred space has room that's not invasion...
- Bilove Ran Out/I/B the simple account – love ran ...
- Bed Of Roses Who stole your scented memories pot-pourri’s ...
...If I said I wrote poetry for a reason I’d have to defend my reasoning every day. So I don’t. I write for fun – and if it isn’t fun it’s better than being bored or feeling useless. I admit to feeling bored and useless occasionally.
But there is more to Poetry than one man’s opinion of it.
There are many views – no less especially here. Most, sadly, are neither original nor particularly new because that is what we’ve come to expect as an unforgiving characteristic of this Site.
But occasionally there are gems to be found, wicked nuggets of gold garnered from sparsest sands. I’m tossing in what I can. If you’ve encountered something of mine ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
you caught me in-between
those things I didn’t start
and the few that
simply got away
a dozen red ensconced on
dining table doesn’t mean
commencement of a
it’s rather more intent
to read each label carefully
before I lay them down to rest
but somewhere in the middle of
planned for lunch and need
to bake tomorrow’s bread
plus espresso machine
went off the beam
should explain I do
not see these things
as jobs to do but mood effects