Greg Costello Poems
- The Night We Met A silver, slimline, sparkling nymph, Stole...
- Growing Older This laboured Labrador went waddling by, His ...
- Let Children Be With eyes of lapis lazuli, And laughter ...
- Deep Water
- Minecraft Misgivings
- The Salmon Of Knowledge! ! This poem suggests that youngest ...
- Girls Will Be Girls A sniper by the hot tap lay, Turned ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Greg Costello
The Night We Met
A silver, slimline, sparkling nymph,
Stole into view, looked heaven sent,
Her modest, unassuming smile,
But served to sharpen my intent.
Which was to see if I could charm,
The stand-out girl 'midst those around,
That there was not a suitor swarm,
Did nothing, if not me astound -
Moments before I'd watched her dance,
In rhythmic step to every beat,
And so as not to dent my chance,
Kept unemployed, both my left feet.
Then finally, the time it came
A meeting that would change my life,
The sparkling nymph, she felt the same,