Geraldine Moorkens Byrne
Geraldine Moorkens Byrne Poems
- Death Of The Hero One note rising on the wind: piper play, ...
- Ancestor If I should die tonight and my bones laid in the ...
- The Madness Of The Woman You see black I see a spectrum of ...
- The Commitee For The Formation...
- Green Party On I walked Tara as a child on ramparts ancient ...
- On A Midsummer's Day Pale Dawn Blushes As a raven flies a...
- Reqium In Nomine Patre who art encountered in the skies ...
Poet, and Musician from Dublin Ireland: born 1968, graduated UCD 1989, postgrad COCR 1990: worked in Advertising, Publishing and finally the family music business. Sings/composes Irish traditional Music, plays cello, mandolin, bodhrán: Editor/founding Editor of the Pagan Poetry Pages www.paganpoetrypages.com: the pagan poetry movement explores our humanity through our relationship with nature and this physical reality.
Blog: http: //www.geraldinemoorkensbyrne.com
Published in Anthologies, magazines and ezines: full list available more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Geraldine Moorkens Byrne
Death Of The Hero
One note rising on the wind:
piper play, the lament is called for:
lower him down and softly keen
Cu Chulainn's going to his rest.
Lady Emer cry farewell
the man is bruised and broken
no token of your love will now
redeem Cu Chulainn from the grave.
hang your heads, o noble beasts
hounds of Ulster ye are bereft
no master now, for he is slain
there's is no more Cu Chulainn
men of Ulster faint and ill
bestir your voices in his name
his fame should raise you from your cots
Cu Chulainn cannot from the grave.
O grey ...