Frank Bana Poems
- Self-Determination I will spring the closing trap And jump ...
- The Little Prince The Little Prince has come The dreams of ...
- A Tiny Echo Of America America, why do you lock up millions ...
- A Strange Day A storm broke at dawn Trees on the power ...
- The Brave Ones (And Mugabe) So the African Union hosts ...
- Yet Another Neglected Masterpi...
- The Beatles Are Bright.... I remember it well, that morning ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I will spring the closing trap
And jump the disappearing train
Shaking loose the dust of time
And distortions from my brain
I will dip my legs and toes
In rushing tides of history
And in the shallow lakes and pools
That hide the deeper mystery
I will punch a hole of light
With my tightly-wound brave fist
Through the walls that rise into
The hollows of the gathering mist
I will touch the soft damp soil
That once was witness to my birth
And pour the vials of sacred oil
Upon my father's native earth
I will place a smooth round ...