Endre Ady Poems
- Because You Love Me Your eyes are mirrors of blessed ...
- I Should Love To Be Loved I am neither infant nor happy ...
- Autumn Passed Through Paris Autumn sliped into Paris ...
- Héja-Nász Az Avaron (Hawk Mat...
- I Guard Your Eyes With my old man's wrinkled hand, with my ...
- Life Terrifies Me Holy ecstasy-swans on great glad ...
- I Am The Son Of King Gog Of Ma... I am the Son of King Gog of...
Endre Ady (November 22, 1877 - January 27, 1919) was a Hungarian poet
Ady was born in Érmindszent, Szilágy county (part of Austria-Hungary at the time; now a village in Satu Mare County, Romania, called Adyfalva in Hungarian and Ady Endre in Romanian). He belonged to an impoverished noble family. Endre was the elder of two children.
Between 1892-1896, he attended a Protestant... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Endre Ady
Because You Love Me
Your eyes are mirrors
of blessed marvels,
for they have seen me;
you are the mistress,
the cunning woman
of the caress.
A thousand times blessed
are you as woman,
for you have seen me
and looked at me.
Because you love me
I also love you,
because you love me
you are the woman,
you are the fair.