Chris Jibero Poems
- Japan, Oh Japan! A rehearsal of Armageddon A chilling sight...
- Mum's Prayer “Grant me Oh God The Spirit That abhors sin
- Gin And Lime Like an evergreen ballad Wafts your melodious ...
- Suspicion Suspicion, the strong spirit that deastroys ...
- Peak Of Pleasure Stronger than brandy So unfathomable and ...
- The Unknown African Baby There it lies, the unknown African ...
- Good Night, My Empress Mama! Mama! Mama! Called I but “Nna ...
Chris Jibero was born at Ugbawka, Enugu State, Nigeria but lives in Abuja.He read English Language and History (Education) .He is a teacher, writer, businessman, publisher, charity worker, motivational speaker and politician.He thinks that poetry and, indeed, all gamut of writing, is a potent healing balm for all wounds.He is also a strong believer in equity and fairness. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Chris Jibero
Japan, Oh Japan!
A rehearsal of Armageddon
A chilling sight
A rage of nature
Devouring a piece of man
And his treasured proceeds
From constant sweat and toil
Like a piece of delicious cake
Consumed by a starving lioness
Saddled with the hunger
Of her languishing cubs
But chance upon a lonely lamb
Forsaken by a hired shepherd
At a dry wilderness
Suffering from acute malaria fever
The land shivers, feeling very cold
Agape as though utterly astounded
But famished it really is
And laps up every dropp of innocent blood
As if its life entirely ...