Cheryl Griffith Poems
- Love Has Wings Love has wings ready to fly Oh love, linger a...
- Touched Who are you to stroll into my life With such ...
- Speaking Out This poem? This poem strives to bring ...
- Loss Of Innocence Give me your hand child This world is ...
- Pen Dance My pen bops and moves in slow cadence To the ...
- Love Is A Rose Love is a Rose that blooms With open arms she...
- Skin I need to shed this skin To rip this flimsy ...
I am from the Island of Trinidad and Tobago. I am co-author of Book Caribbean Spice; published and sold in my country. I also have a CD on sale in Trinidad named 'Eros' Its a CD about love, the various faces of love. It is a mixture of poetry, music and singing all about love and its ups and downs. All the poems on the CD is written by me but I have some of my friends on my CD performing some of my work and Its a CD loved by everyone who heard it. I also have published work in 'Three Sixty Degrees' an anthology and 'Circle of Thoughts' another anthology as well as a local magazines called 'Roots'. I am also twice winner of a national poetry competition in my country. I do performance ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Love Has Wings
Love has wings ready to fly
Oh love, linger a while
Rest Your tired wings
on the branch of my heart
Why? why must you wander?
Why do you stare bright eye at the sky?
If you must leave, then go!
I release you, go
Run wild through green grass and open fields
And when you're tired running, soar
Fly, fly, my butterfly
I release you because I love you
Go then, go
And I will go on without you
My love can never clip such wild wings
They were made to be free
So I tell myself
Standing here missing you
Looking at shadows