Brian Taylor Poems
- The Heart Of Darkness The explorer draws his map and plunges...
- Cinderella's Shoes The ugly sister, Alice, glared at the ...
- Building A House Of building houses there is no end with ...
- January, January…. Ice, thick, as I have never seen on ...
- Rosetta Stone To the British Museum in W3 in very different ...
- I, Me, Mine In the Beginning (or perhaps a little later) ...
- City Of Angels Shafting sunbeams. misty eddies, towering, ...
Brian Taylor is a poet and philosopher presently living in Cornwall, England and the Far East.
www.universaloctopus.com more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Heart Of Darkness
The explorer draws his map
and plunges into space.
Why should he stumble on
at every fresh mishap
and draw back in blank surprise
as the landscape he has created
is revealed before his eyes?
Having nailed his mirror
in its place
firmly to the wall,
why the sudden tremor
at the sight of his own face?
Why the sudden terror
at the horror of it all?