Bharatendu Harishchandra (9 September 1850 - 6 January 1885 / Vellore / India)
Bharatendu Harishchandra (Hindi: भारतेन्दु हरिश्चंद्र) is one of the most heard names in the history of modern Hindi literature. He was an imminent poet of the 19th century who also wrote several novels and plays. It was the subject and pattern of his writings which caught the attention of the critics and the masses and made Bharatendu Harishchandra such a popular name in Hindi literature. Harishchandra possessed a revolutionary spirit and made known all his nationalistic feelings through his writings. Almost every piece of work from the hands of Bharatendu Harishchandra spoke about the exploitation which existed in the Indian society during his times, the inhuman conditions that the poor ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Bhitar Bhitar Sab Ras Chusai
- Dashrath Vilap
- Hai hai Urdu Haay Haay
- Holi Daph Ki
- Jaage Mangal - Rup Sakal Braj - Jan _ Ra...
- Maatri Bhaasaa Ke Prati
- Nirbedan - Panchak
- Parde Mein Kaid Aurat ki Guhaar
- Prabhu Nij Anagan Subhag Asisa
- Prabhu Racchhahu Dayaal Maharaani
- Racchahu Nij Bhuj Tar Saha Saajaa
- Sab Gurujan Ko Buro Bataabi