Ahmad Faraz (Urdu: احمد فراز) born Syed Ahmad Shah (Urdu: سید احمد شاہ) on January 12, 1931 in Kohat, was a Pakistani Urdu poet. He was considered one of the great modern Urdu poets of the last century. Faraz is his pseudonym 'takhalus'. Faraz died in Islamabad on August 25, 2008.
Faraz has been compared with Faiz Ahmad Faiz, holds a unique position as one of the best poets of current times, with a fine but simple style of writing. Even common people can easily understand his poetry. Ethnically a Hindkowan, Ahmed Faraz studied Persian and Urdu at the Peshawar University. He later became lecturer at the Peshawar University. He was awarded Hilal-e-Imtiaz, Sitara-i-Imtiaz and after ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Aa.Nkh se duur na ho dil se utar jaayega...
- Dost ban kar bhii nahii.n saath nibhaane...
- Ab ke rut badalii to Khushbuu kaa safar ...
- Ab ke tajdiid-e-vafaa kaa nahii.n imkaa....
- Dil bhii bujhaa ho, shaam kii parachhaa_...
- Hogayi Rukhsat Ghata Baarish Ke Baad
- Aashiqii be-dilii se mushkil hai
- Ab ke ham bichha.De to shaayad kabhii Kh...
- Gile fuzuul the ahad-e-vafaa ke hote huy...
- Aise chup hai ke ye ma.nzil bhii Ka.Dii ...
- Ab kis kaa jashn manaate ho
- Chhe.De mai.n ne kabhii lab-o-ruKhasaar ...
- Ab naye saal kii mohalat nahii.n milane ...
- Har tamaashaa_ii faqat saahil se ma.nzar...
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)