I am a zero, i am intangible, irrelevant, extraneous that as much you said, when you let me go, when you saw me jump into the valley of love, you might have warned, you might have told me, don’t fall in love, don’t make that jump, but you stood and pushed as i fell heart first into the valley of pain, a pain which has taken my heart away, one which has left my soul a hollow, your beautiful face washed my grief, your laughter quenched my loathe, but it left me empty of what i was or what I’ve now become you left a hollow in my very being and now i call your name, i don't hear your voice, i hear mine it's an echo, i am alone as i was before you came, before you tamed my pain and made me a zero, before you broke away.
Now i stand loathing, now i doubt, everything i was, everything i am, now i grief, now i die, i die a zero, hating, loathing, sad and cold. But dawn comes, she tarries, i hear her voice, she calls my name, she holds my arms, she beckons and i cry, i lost my self searching, i died hounding and now she comes, with an eternal love, so strong it cleanses the pain, i stand, i walk to her embrace, she gives me strength as she whispers life's only a while I’ll be with you at morn..I’ll be with you nigh.
Olasanoye Charles's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Zero by Olasanoye Charles )
- The Loving Couple, Ronell Warren Alman
- Could he be right?, Von Kimball Barney
- You Are My Strength, greg paul
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul