You're my friend
When you are sad
I will dry your tears,
When you are scared
I will comfort your fears.
When you are worried
I will give you hope,
When your upset
I will help you cope.
You're not on your own
I'll always be here,
When I'm not by your side
I'll always be near.
When you turn the corner
And your on your way,
Shout my name
That's all you'll need to say.
Beccy's the word
Beccy's the person
Who they kick out.
I am alone with no help
I am the person who has nothing,
I am the person you talk about
I am the person who has no friends.
I sing my heart out
And make-up words,
I make them match
The way i hurt.
The way i hurt
Reflects on others,
The way i hope
Supports my mother.
The dreams i dream
Help me cope,
And the wishes i wish
Give me hope.
Beccy Mawson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You're my friend by Beccy Mawson )
- Love and True love, Tilde Sauffaus
- On - that note, sEaN nOrTh
- In The Quiet Of The Night, Clive Blake
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #8, Brian Johnston
- Old Drunk's Advice to an Anxious Beau, Donal Mahoney
- TWAILE! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Mother, Tamara Dunn
- Autumn, Mark Hamilton
- J.Bast, I try your face... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- It's Not Nice To Kill Other People, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns