You're my friend
When you are sad
I will dry your tears,
When you are scared
I will comfort your fears.
When you are worried
I will give you hope,
When your upset
I will help you cope.
You're not on your own
I'll always be here,
When I'm not by your side
I'll always be near.
When you turn the corner
And your on your way,
Shout my name
That's all you'll need to say.
Beccy's the word
Beccy's the person
Who they kick out.
I am alone with no help
I am the person who has nothing,
I am the person you talk about
I am the person who has no friends.
I sing my heart out
And make-up words,
I make them match
The way i hurt.
The way i hurt
Reflects on others,
The way i hope
Supports my mother.
The dreams i dream
Help me cope,
And the wishes i wish
Give me hope.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You're my friend by Beccy Mawson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- A Journey of Treasure, Raymond A. Foss
- spinning 2 StAnd $tiLL - can i cHaRge it?, sEaN nOrTh
- un-nerves sh#t - sweet child of mime, sEaN nOrTh
- The Wise Man, Brian J. Stafford
- Cos Their Real Money 2, sEaN nOrTh
- Indian Republic Day,2015, Dr John Celes
- humans, lee fones
- hunger, oskar hansen
- Ideals Of Views, Margaret Alice Second
- [CW]Watch The Flash Season 1 Episode 11 .., Renz Barns