Why Are We So Greedy
To the Earth Mother who feeds us disrespect we do pay
That future generations may have to pay for one day
Of stealing from Nature's resources billions some do make
Why are we so greedy that we take and we take?
In disrespect for Nature through innocence lost
The success of us humans could come at a cost
The ways of Mother Nature we do not understand
We pollute the air, seas, waterways and land
'Tis Nature resources made the oil dealer a billionaire
Yet of Nature's beauty such types not aware
We do not own Nature though to her we belong
And to her many of us have done wrong
And for our crimes against her future generations may yet pay
That seems a sad thing for to have to say.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Are We So Greedy by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- A Bystander, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Leaf of Small Boat, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- Forget Forgive Focus Follow and have Fai.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- I Wrote Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- If You are Sad, Turn the Pages, Hebert Logerie
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov