Why Are We So Greedy
To the Earth Mother who feeds us disrespect we do pay
That future generations may have to pay for one day
Of stealing from Nature's resources billions some do make
Why are we so greedy that we take and we take?
In disrespect for Nature through innocence lost
The success of us humans could come at a cost
The ways of Mother Nature we do not understand
We pollute the air, seas, waterways and land
'Tis Nature resources made the oil dealer a billionaire
Yet of Nature's beauty such types not aware
We do not own Nature though to her we belong
And to her many of us have done wrong
And for our crimes against her future generations may yet pay
That seems a sad thing for to have to say.
Poet Other Poems
- 01-Of 01 Of 07
- A Ballad Of Clifton Hill
- A Ballad Of The Bayswater Hotel
- A Ballad Of Wasted Years
- A Beautiful Day
- A Beautiful Day In December
- A Beautiful Day In October
- A Beautiful Day In Winter
- A Beautiful Day Of Twenty Five Degrees
- A Beautiful Evening
- A Beautiful Evening Of Sunshine And Bree...
- A Beautiful March Day
- A Beautiful Morning In May
- A Beautiful Night In September
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.