White Faced Saki Monkey - Lincoln Park Zoo
A white faced saki monkey - me.
While I'm at the Lincoln Park Zoo,
Most in South America be.
But I'm a guest here - just for you.
Kids ask me why my face is white.
I just give them a big wide grin.
I don't want to be impolite
Asking why the color their skin.
I am an ambassador for
Giving humans, 'specially young,
A glimpse that all the world is more
For live and let live all among.
Saki is a term that means sake.
The future is in friends we make.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (White Faced Saki Monkey - Lincoln Park Zoo by Ima Ryma )
- 157. An Ex's Word Is Easily Broken, John Westlake
- Kiss Me, Adriana Avilaa
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
- If Your Reflection Could Kill, Russell Nero
- The blues, blaz zigon
- Feminine Beauty, chanchal gupta
- Alone again, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- [Challenge] Entrees for September (Disqu.., Brian Johnston
- Indulgences, Jayatissa Liyanage
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)