White Faced Saki Monkey - Lincoln Park Zoo
A white faced saki monkey - me.
While I'm at the Lincoln Park Zoo,
Most in South America be.
But I'm a guest here - just for you.
Kids ask me why my face is white.
I just give them a big wide grin.
I don't want to be impolite
Asking why the color their skin.
I am an ambassador for
Giving humans, 'specially young,
A glimpse that all the world is more
For live and let live all among.
Saki is a term that means sake.
The future is in friends we make.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (White Faced Saki Monkey - Lincoln Park Zoo by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- THE BEATLES' MEDICAL PROBLEMS, Richard Thripp
- The black color, hasmukh amathalal
- Inner Wastelands, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Wildly Spinning Dirt Clod, Monk E. Biz
- Moon -haiku, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- The Right Time, Sandra Feldman
- Forces at Play, Liilia Talts Morrison
- A Kind of Vertigo, douglas scotney
- Sacaificed, Tony Ford
- Gay parade, Nassy Fesharaki