when you're sick
When your sick I swear you still look amazing.
When your sick I know that noodles you r craving.
Ur still happy when your sick and never degrading.
So im gonna doctor you up and work on my painting.
I'll start with your toes, you have the cutest little toes.
Then I'll paint your finger nails. And get some on your nose.
You'll tell me they're good and I'll turn the color of a rose.
And anything you ask of me I'll say "I suppose".
I'll hold you and kiss you who cares if I get sick.
Making you feel better is all that matters and I can do it so quick.
If it would make you feel better I'd let you hit me with a stick.
But only for a bit. Because you hit hard an it'll hurt like sh**
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (when you're sick by David duckworth )
- Here, Betsy Sholl
- The Blue Eyed, Sadiqullah Khan
- The Tortoise, Betsy Sholl
- A Reflecting Mirror, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sanctuary, Naveed Khalid
- Angel of Dissent, Betsy Sholl
- The Queen Mary, Ima Ryma
- Atukei, The Itesot Girl, maureen ceasar
- A Little Traveling Music, Betsy Sholl
- Masochistic Punishment, Margaret Alice Second
Poem of the Day
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)