When shall my wretched life
When shall my wretched life give place to death?
That my sad cares may be enforc’d to leave me.
Come, saddest shadow, stop my vital breath,
For I am thine, then let not care bereave thee
Of thy sad thrall but, with thy fatal dart,
Kill care and me, while care lies at my heart.
John Wilbye's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When shall my wretched life by John Wilbye )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Graveyard, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Symphony of Discords By K.V.Suryanarayan.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Roads, Somanathan Iyer
- It's Not Just Rain, Daniel Skentelbery
- The Day After I Shouted Abuse at the Queen, Daniel Skentelbery
- Name-Calling, Diane Hine
- A pan fried fish…?, Mark Heathcote
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman
- wedding day, ademola oluwabusayo
- Dream the moon, Somanathan Iyer