When shall my wretched life
When shall my wretched life give place to death?
That my sad cares may be enforc’d to leave me.
Come, saddest shadow, stop my vital breath,
For I am thine, then let not care bereave thee
Of thy sad thrall but, with thy fatal dart,
Kill care and me, while care lies at my heart.
John Wilbye's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When shall my wretched life by John Wilbye )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Drained Of Everything, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dawn, Winston Edgar Hall
- The Heart's Journey, Connie Marcum Wong
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -35, Ronjoy Brahma
- Not To Take What They Do That Deep, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Monoku, Connie Marcum Wong
- A Poem On Behalf Of Self, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- With prayers, hasmukh amathalal
- Everywhere I Go, Luc Leclaire
- Mississippi Moments, Connie Marcum Wong