What To Do? What To Do?
of all the friends here i knew,
some are busy in the business,
and have no time as they used too,
some have left to cities for jobs,
and to the town return rarely too,
and it has been quite a while,
when the rest to other countries flew,
and on a beautiful Sunday evening,
as i walk in the streets lonely,
i go and sit for some time in the park,
but all i see is crusade of elderly,
and i look at the big play ground,
a bit nostalgically, a bit coldly,
and i skip all the street side stalls,
what fun is in there eating quietly,
and i return home bashing the time,
why did they grow, why did i grow?
with still same thing troubling my mind,
What to do? What to do?
of all the friends here i knew...
Sunny Mittal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What To Do? What To Do? by Sunny Mittal )
- Left Naked And Exposed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Birth day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- TWILIGHT, Meggie Gultiano
- Morning prayers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Favorite Quote, Nautica Moxley
- Building Bricks, Jude Ogunade
- A Hydro Odyssey, Patrick Czyz
- Salvation, Earth And Sadness, Tony Adah
- Perspective, Patrick Czyz
- flesh to flesh, jaquesha webb
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)