What Matters Most
His words are blooming with scented flowers
He takes effort to write the extra miles.
Sprays of essence, perfumed showers
Wilting flower revives and smiles
Greatest game that has her name?
That made her laugh no seeker of fame
He has meant well, she have no game
Just that she has an funny name!
Whenever she can, she knows she tries
what little she has are words she writes
images that she has already drawn
cheers up, inspires or turn to fond.
Songs in the heart she sings so hard
That is her purpose she knows and toast
Into the night skies and many stars
A special meaning that matters most!
Philo Yan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Matters Most by Philo Yan )
Did you read them?
- Reactions To A Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Examinations, abhi mangla
- 21 Years Gone By, Edward Kofi Louis
- Corruption, abhi mangla
- Nature, abhi mangla
- Mate, legitimate!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Summarizing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Polished Love, Gbolagade Taiwo
- A Poet's Love Letter, Joseph Ogbonna
- Showing Mercy, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)