It is getting colder and colder outside
Winter is coming around the corner
and so is Christmas with all its pride
I promise it won't be getting warmer.
The nights are long and silent nowadays
Could Claus be riding his sleigh this night,
Or is there a snow storm coming this way,
Maybe Santa is checking his list to be right?
I looked above in the evening light for the thrill
of Christmas to begin and ring in happy melodies.
Once again, and for a moment I felt the cold chill
Warming me as I heard the beautiful chimes harmony.
Peace enfolded the world with glowing stars above
Christmas has come again with all its amazement
And the magic that brings the hope of course is love.
Welcome Christmas as the world awaits in enjoyment.
One more time, the Christmas tree lights shine bright
Gifts are passed around with words of great esteem
Father Christmas was here once again over night
Merry Christmas one and all and a joyous eve.
Monica Engeler's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Welcome Christmas by Monica Engeler )
- Alive, Cigeng Zhang
- There it Goes, Vera Sidhwa
- A Date With Fate, Noah Body
- Life's a Ball, Alice Cordy
- 'Did I ever Exist? ', Ananta Madhavan
- Keep safe, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunshine, Hanh Chau
- The Power Of Prayer, Tom Zart
- Mini Pool Tournament, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tonight And Every Night, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(1 February 1927)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)