It is getting colder and colder outside
Winter is coming around the corner
and so is Christmas with all its pride
I promise it won't be getting warmer.
The nights are long and silent nowadays
Could Claus be riding his sleigh this night,
Or is there a snow storm coming this way,
Maybe Santa is checking his list to be right?
I looked above in the evening light for the thrill
of Christmas to begin and ring in happy melodies.
Once again, and for a moment I felt the cold chill
Warming me as I heard the beautiful chimes harmony.
Peace enfolded the world with glowing stars above
Christmas has come again with all its amazement
And the magic that brings the hope of course is love.
Welcome Christmas as the world awaits in enjoyment.
One more time, the Christmas tree lights shine bright
Gifts are passed around with words of great esteem
Father Christmas was here once again over night
Merry Christmas one and all and a joyous eve.
Monica Engeler's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Welcome Christmas by Monica Engeler )
- Elizabeth my Muse of love poetry., Erato
- I Am Not, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Empty life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Met Tuckerpuppy and Twittermouse, Bruce Larkin
- Longings et. Al., Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- About Tuckerpuppy, Bruce Larkin
- Submit, Teach, Love, Trust & Forgive., Tom Zart
- Broaden Your Mind, Ronell Warren Alman
- Exaggerating an invisible enemy, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- throwing knives at the sun, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)