It is getting colder and colder outside
Winter is coming around the corner
and so is Christmas with all its pride
I promise it won't be getting warmer.
The nights are long and silent nowadays
Could Claus be riding his sleigh this night,
Or is there a snow storm coming this way,
Maybe Santa is checking his list to be right?
I looked above in the evening light for the thrill
of Christmas to begin and ring in happy melodies.
Once again, and for a moment I felt the cold chill
Warming me as I heard the beautiful chimes harmony.
Peace enfolded the world with glowing stars above
Christmas has come again with all its amazement
And the magic that brings the hope of course is love.
Welcome Christmas as the world awaits in enjoyment.
One more time, the Christmas tree lights shine bright
Gifts are passed around with words of great esteem
Father Christmas was here once again over night
Merry Christmas one and all and a joyous eve.
Monica Engeler's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Welcome Christmas by Monica Engeler )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- A Crying Shame, Anthony Daniels
- Crystal Consciousness, Margaret Alice Second
- Invest the present, gajanan mishra
- Free Gaff! !, Damian Murphy
- Blizzards are not snows, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- w0rk ya mAjiK - (Selah (take a moment to.., sEaN nOrTh
- At the End of the Rainbow, Reagan A. Latumbo
- yeah you got all the answers i know - an.., sEaN nOrTh
- Life-death bicycle, gajanan mishra
- Broken Not Forgotten, Melissa Furey