It is getting colder and colder outside
Winter is coming around the corner
and so is Christmas with all its pride
I promise it won't be getting warmer.
The nights are long and silent nowadays
Could Claus be riding his sleigh this night,
Or is there a snow storm coming this way,
Maybe Santa is checking his list to be right?
I looked above in the evening light for the thrill
of Christmas to begin and ring in happy melodies.
Once again, and for a moment I felt the cold chill
Warming me as I heard the beautiful chimes harmony.
Peace enfolded the world with glowing stars above
Christmas has come again with all its amazement
And the magic that brings the hope of course is love.
Welcome Christmas as the world awaits in enjoyment.
One more time, the Christmas tree lights shine bright
Gifts are passed around with words of great esteem
Father Christmas was here once again over night
Merry Christmas one and all and a joyous eve.
Monica Engeler's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Welcome Christmas by Monica Engeler )
- Dreams Come, Yohan Confectioner
- ZZ Bomb Abroad. Spank At Home, Saiom Shriver
- Dreams Go, Yohan Confectioner
- All God's 792 Poems Are Free To Preach &.., Tom Zart
- Nevermore, Yohan Confectioner
- Seed Of Sin, George Egba
- Nissim, You Saw The Indian Patriot And S.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rules, gajanan mishra
- Alan Jay Lerner, Saiom Shriver
- A retrospect, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)