~ We Are Fire And Ice ~*
We are fire and ice - ice and fire. Two
different entities, that entice desire.
Once frozen I was, in the sea of love.
No hope for me in store.
You came along '' Your fire '' was strong
and ice I was, no more.
Opposites attract and that's a fact. Our love
proves it's true!
Though different, we were always meant
to be. 'Twas destiny that I meet you.
Fire and ice - ice and fire, though opposites
we be. If we had not ever, come together.
I would still be drifting in the sea of love. Just
another lonely glacier - drifting aimlessly...
Thad Wilk's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~ We Are Fire And Ice ~* by Thad Wilk )
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- Buried Beneath The Waves, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- uncomfortable, maharshi trivedi
- Mexican Food With Jesus, Mr. Nobody
- Sonnet of Pain, Sierra Staten
- Particle Of Breath, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- थिरिँ बिरिँ x5, Ronjoy Brahma
- Come Come, Tango Tango
- God Teaches Geology (M-F), Mr. Nobody
- I am Running Faster, Akhtar Jawad
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns