Watching tornado warnings in oklahoma
Will it pass this way again nobody knows because
the community library has to many paperbacks
and the clouds to many sins.
will twain swirl in the rain?
will steinbeck hit the deck?
will it pass?
will a folk singer from the north play the harmonica
piss into a gutter and give some simple remedy?
barometric pressures drop drunk toungues
but in a cafe on main street there is still.
white porcelain cups.
thick calloused fingers.
all the regulars gathered there just like every other day.
an old tv flickers over the counter just off to the left of a
warped mirror that has labor union and mason stickers
from the early 90s on it.
nathan martin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Watching tornado warnings in oklahoma by nathan martin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Mystery of poem, gajanan mishra
- Dramatization, Kewayne Wadley
- The Maddening Dance, Tony Adah
- Alternative Prayer, Phil Soar
- I appear, gajanan mishra
- Young Wife's Longing, Paul Sebastian
- Ants Crawling, Naveed Akram
- applying online, lee fones
- Stay not away, gajanan mishra
- Ah! Little Woodlouse - Are You Unreal?, Brian P FitzGerald