My heart was racing towards the sunset,
which stood with misty colors like rainbow,
painting a poster of people walking straight,
along the canal in a melancholy row.
To this enchantment I became reminiscent,
serenading love in the gloomy moments of twilight,
Reality came amidst the youthful testament,
To stir my heart with pleasure and delight.
Engaging dreams reflecting the twilight,
the truth about emotion almost touched oblivion,
Whiles caught in a net by the estranged light;
I toiled hard to find comprehension.
And found familiar joy upon a gondola ride,
parting waves stripping like pieces of rags,
Roaming along the glassy water path we glide,
Time share recluses and recurrent laughs.
Fading light took disguises under red sky reset,
reflection release pain into the sea of memory,
Closing the day walled up inside the sunset,
and found no place to hide and shelter reality.
Relief mopped the creasing of my brow,
until within the flickering path night cross,
the watery snow to find the eternal vow,
Retreating with the atoning kisses.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Twilight by Gerry Legister )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- ETC2, shuvo chakraborty
- A falling leaf, Manthra Hariharan
- Christmas Invite, Francisco R. Albano
- My Lord, abdulrazak aralimatti
- Jaundice jaundice, gajanan mishra
- Home coming, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Repetition Compulsion Syndrome, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- ETC1, shuvo chakraborty
- Gamble with faith, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Brain is the link., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.