Tunguska Event-Podkamennaya-Under Rock
Fully uncloaked there in the woods
'The Quarry' playing genetic
Master mind with the local inhabitants.
Breaking all the rules, over and over again:
I'd put a stop to this Tunguska event.
Fully cloaked - I over flew the site:
Backing off just a little, before delivering my wrath.
The Sky in the North opened wide, still wider
As fire poured out, disaster:
Towards the sweet earth.
My Darling Dear 'Quarry'
Clever as ever.
Had sensed me and cloaked, S(he) - itself.
All in all it certainly cleared the air
And I was ever So happy
Having had done battle in such a remote locality.
Chris Lane's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tunguska Event-Podkamennaya-Under Rock by Chris Lane )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(15 April 1958)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Caroline, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Silent Love, Phil Soar
- Dream (landless Zimbabweans), Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Vintage Flower, Edward Kofi Louis
- Proverbs, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Greatness In Courage, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- Self, Echezonachukwu Nduka
- The Threat of the Weaker Sex, David Lewis Paget
- Sonnet 504, Luis Estable
- Tale of Nail - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma