That I am!
Covered with clutching thoughts that cling
I will have no truck to their wildness
plucking them off, thrusting them wildly away
On the other hand?
I will have no truck
with smooth suave smoothness either
No insidious insinuations that accumulate
in stray corners
Sometimes I ask myself, will I have truck with
Perplexed! ? !
Did Ford Madox Ford have truck with Ford trucks
or dismiss the idea with peremptory wave of pen?
Or did he actually prefer riding a mad ox?
Horsepower be damned move or get whammed!
Or go on long walks over hillside and glen?
It‛s a not knowing that tortures a soul to the end
I will have truck with death - I will deal with it!
When it comes
Until then I will persist in my oddity
Neither the prickly, nor the smooth
Nor the sly in filtering will I permit
I will turn from all
Thought of these things
Park on my stoop and watch
Ford trucks pass as I sit
Isabelle Cooper's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Trucks by Isabelle Cooper )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- For Kira, Michael P. McParland
- Headache, Akhil Zoomin
- An Objectivist, Akhil Zoomin
- Today Has An Edge Like A Razor, Kyle Schlicher
- To her...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Sunset Couple Time, Saiom Shriver
- Waiting On Nothing, Kyle Schlicher
- Cut Myself While Shaving, Kyle Schlicher
- The Basket Weavers, Holly Wotherspoon
- Eternal Life, Michael P. McParland