That I am!
Covered with clutching thoughts that cling
I will have no truck to their wildness
plucking them off, thrusting them wildly away
On the other hand?
I will have no truck
with smooth suave smoothness either
No insidious insinuations that accumulate
in stray corners
Sometimes I ask myself, will I have truck with
Perplexed! ? !
Did Ford Madox Ford have truck with Ford trucks
or dismiss the idea with peremptory wave of pen?
Or did he actually prefer riding a mad ox?
Horsepower be damned move or get whammed!
Or go on long walks over hillside and glen?
It‛s a not knowing that tortures a soul to the end
I will have truck with death - I will deal with it!
When it comes
Until then I will persist in my oddity
Neither the prickly, nor the smooth
Nor the sly in filtering will I permit
I will turn from all
Thought of these things
Park on my stoop and watch
Ford trucks pass as I sit
Isabelle Cooper's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Trucks by Isabelle Cooper )
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner