That I am!
Covered with clutching thoughts that cling
I will have no truck to their wildness
plucking them off, thrusting them wildly away
On the other hand?
I will have no truck
with smooth suave smoothness either
No insidious insinuations that accumulate
in stray corners
Sometimes I ask myself, will I have truck with
Perplexed! ? !
Did Ford Madox Ford have truck with Ford trucks
or dismiss the idea with peremptory wave of pen?
Or did he actually prefer riding a mad ox?
Horsepower be damned move or get whammed!
Or go on long walks over hillside and glen?
It‛s a not knowing that tortures a soul to the end
I will have truck with death - I will deal with it!
When it comes
Until then I will persist in my oddity
Neither the prickly, nor the smooth
Nor the sly in filtering will I permit
I will turn from all
Thought of these things
Park on my stoop and watch
Ford trucks pass as I sit
Isabelle Cooper's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Trucks by Isabelle Cooper )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Reason, Spiritwind Wood
- Global Distractions, Tushar Ray
- Alive, Spiritwind Wood
- The Noble Mountain, Kevin Maroney
- The Vampire diaries, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Holding on & letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- A Dream True, Spiritwind Wood
- My Beautiful Hello, Ryan Lee Morris
- The Rabbit, Vera Sidhwa
- Forever On You Shine, Spiritwind Wood