Too Many Years
An ocean away,
So far apart,
Too many years, separate our hearts.
I see your words and drawings in the morning and evening each day,
They captured my heart.
Why must we be so close but so far apart?
I must not be worthy of your heart.
Why am I sitting in this cold lonely place?
I wish I could understand this world.
Why did God not let us meet in the same time and place?
Face to face,
Heart to heart!
Topic(s): lost love
Ronald Chapman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Too Many Years by Ronald Chapman )
- 수원[수원] ANMA수원[수원] AN, zczx zxczxc
- A Spray of Water: Tanka [one narcissus], Chimako Tada
- And water lies plainly, Laurie Sheck
- Three Little Words, Adam Wilson
- Smile 1, Suresh Dogra
- Inertia of Mind, Aftab Alam
- Page By Page, Katherine Perry
- Break pen, hasmukh amathalal
- Water, Robert Lowell
- Soaking Up Essence Of Meaning, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)