RIC S. BASTASA
TODAY OF THIS YEAR
850: Novelist and short story author, Guy de Maupassant born in Château de Miromesnil, NormandyBrowse 'Guy de Maupassant'
1858: First transatlantic telegraph cable completed
1906: Academy Award winning screenwriter, director, and actor, John Huston born in Nevada, MissouriBrowse 'John Huston'
1930: First human to walk on the moon, test pilot, university professor and astronaut, Neil Armstrong born in Wapakoneta, OhioBrowse 'Neil Armstrong'
1946: Actress Loni Anderson born in Saint Paul, MinnesotaBrowse '
1962: Marilyn Monroe found dead
1981: President Reagan fires 11,359 air-traffic controllers
1983: Divestiture of AT&T
2010: Rose and Arvin posted poems at Poemhunter; Candice Salazar is busy with her work.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (TODAY OF THIS YEAR by RIC S. BASTASA )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Plum Pudding Much Needed, Vera Sidhwa
- The River, bryan wallace
- Strides, Vera Sidhwa
- The Snowdrop, bryan wallace
- Overload, bryan wallace
- Down with poverty, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Conversations With A Friend, Richard Allen Beevor
- A Ten Minutes of Prayer, Reagan A. Latumbo