Today Is In Our Hands
As the days go by, the wear and tear,
Of tangible assets will grow and pester,
The intangibles are reinstated as the victors,
To have the glowing eyes that wander.
Wandering of mind and legs to the distant,
Objects that are stationed, permanent,
Shelter for the illusions, convenient,
Consolation for the desires unattained.
Every heart that beats for the song,
May start to palpitate to the tunes wrong,
In the oceanic life on the earthly forest,
Gasping and panting may coexist.
We have the vessels to row it to our destinations,
We have the muscle less fat to fight off the intrusions,
We have that lone pair of electron to look for the pair,
We can reach the cliff and install our antenna's repeaters.
Every today is in our hands and minds,
let us live, relax and not waste it for truants,
the blocks of memories are made with experience,
castles were built with blood; homes with hearts.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Today Is In Our Hands by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- Cycling in Flanders 2, Stratis Havarti
- A study in what not to do, Christopher Withers
- Critical Thinking, Nassy Fesharaki
- LIKE AN ASTEROID, Satish Verma
- Stay as unit, hasmukh amathalal
- I shall change, hasmukh amathalal
- Egg, Olufayo Ezekiel
- The grass, gajanan mishra
- But we are one, gajanan mishra
- You are my sweet lovely heart, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA