Today Is In Our Hands
As the days go by, the wear and tear,
Of tangible assets will grow and pester,
The intangibles are reinstated as the victors,
To have the glowing eyes that wander.
Wandering of mind and legs to the distant,
Objects that are stationed, permanent,
Shelter for the illusions, convenient,
Consolation for the desires unattained.
Every heart that beats for the song,
May start to palpitate to the tunes wrong,
In the oceanic life on the earthly forest,
Gasping and panting may coexist.
We have the vessels to row it to our destinations,
We have the muscle less fat to fight off the intrusions,
We have that lone pair of electron to look for the pair,
We can reach the cliff and install our antenna's repeaters.
Every today is in our hands and minds,
let us live, relax and not waste it for truants,
the blocks of memories are made with experience,
castles were built with blood; homes with hearts.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Today Is In Our Hands by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- After Reading the Song of Hiawatha, Effie Waller Smith
- Two Things, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- I listened, I listened, I listened, arshad arshad
- Preparation, Effie Waller Smith
- News York City, Ima Ryma
- Always Money, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- Marbles and Stones, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I Will Not Say 'Ave', Trong Phan
- Magical Love, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- Postcard, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- You Will Forever Be In My Heart, Crystal Piatt
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Television, Roald Dahl
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)