Toad, My Eastern American Toad
Playing Frisbee in the trailerhood
there's an Eastern American toad!
Bye bye little blue dragonflies
my toad needs energy to climb the trees
and climb to the very tip top of the couch
and jump off like a superhero toad
climb to the very top of the tree, my Toad
catch the flying Frisbee
and catch another toad
why don't you jump on our heads, my toad?
Winter is coming, we're running out of food
dig a hole under the treetrunk
and hibernate and dream
Oh, spring is here, my toad
Oh, which toad are you, my Toad?
You don't look like my toad
Oh, but I love you too
I love you all
my sweet Eastern American Toads.
Hide in my pocket, no one will see you
float in the sink and play peek-a-boo
just don't hide under the couch
a cute toad like you needs to stick around
Oh, my sweet toad what are you thinking about?
Climbing to the top of the world, my Toad?
And jumping off?
I'll catch you in my pocket
my sweet Eastern American Toad.
Oh, I love the look on your face
and I love holding you in my hand like a toad;
an Eastern American Toad.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Toad, My Eastern American Toad by Kelly Zion )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 April 1889 – 10 January 1957)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Queen Patrenialla - Part Three Continued, QueenPatrenia Turner, Royalt ..
- con man, lee fones
- I love Winter, but it's cruel احب الشتاء.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- And so we go on, Gina Borrebach
- Baby if this is love, Dorsey Baker
- Queen Patrenialla - Part 2 Continued, QueenPatrenia Turner, Royalt ..
- Mayling, Arno Le Roux
- Naming Our Wall, Arno Le Roux
- Oh Beautiful Arkansas, Dorsey Baker
- Those one thousand miles, MOHAMMAD SKATI