Toad, My Eastern American Toad
Playing Frisbee in the trailerhood
there's an Eastern American toad!
Bye bye little blue dragonflies
my toad needs energy to climb the trees
and climb to the very tip top of the couch
and jump off like a superhero toad
climb to the very top of the tree, my Toad
catch the flying Frisbee
and catch another toad
why don't you jump on our heads, my toad?
Winter is coming, we're running out of food
dig a hole under the treetrunk
and hibernate and dream
Oh, spring is here, my toad
Oh, which toad are you, my Toad?
You don't look like my toad
Oh, but I love you too
I love you all
my sweet Eastern American Toads.
Hide in my pocket, no one will see you
float in the sink and play peek-a-boo
just don't hide under the couch
a cute toad like you needs to stick around
Oh, my sweet toad what are you thinking about?
Climbing to the top of the world, my Toad?
And jumping off?
I'll catch you in my pocket
my sweet Eastern American Toad.
Oh, I love the look on your face
and I love holding you in my hand like a toad;
an Eastern American Toad.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Toad, My Eastern American Toad by Kelly Zion )
- Depression, Alesia Leach
- Seashore Gratitude, Liilia Talts Morrison
- The Path Of The King, vince gullaci
- The Present, bryan wallace
- Vieze oren, Schone ogen, Madrason writer
- The Purple Lady., Achill Ladd
- My World, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Just Write It, Mark R. Elias
- A PHOTOGRAPH OF MYSELF AT AGE TEN, TAKEN.., NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Dainty Little Poem, Mark R. Elias
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns