Toad, My Eastern American Toad
Playing Frisbee in the trailerhood
there's an Eastern American toad!
Bye bye little blue dragonflies
my toad needs energy to climb the trees
and climb to the very tip top of the couch
and jump off like a superhero toad
climb to the very top of the tree, my Toad
catch the flying Frisbee
and catch another toad
why don't you jump on our heads, my toad?
Winter is coming, we're running out of food
dig a hole under the treetrunk
and hibernate and dream
Oh, spring is here, my toad
Oh, which toad are you, my Toad?
You don't look like my toad
Oh, but I love you too
I love you all
my sweet Eastern American Toads.
Hide in my pocket, no one will see you
float in the sink and play peek-a-boo
just don't hide under the couch
a cute toad like you needs to stick around
Oh, my sweet toad what are you thinking about?
Climbing to the top of the world, my Toad?
And jumping off?
I'll catch you in my pocket
my sweet Eastern American Toad.
Oh, I love the look on your face
and I love holding you in my hand like a toad;
an Eastern American Toad.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Toad, My Eastern American Toad by Kelly Zion )
- Undercurrents, Michael Mira
- ~True Love ~, Aftab Alam
- A Country on Its Knees, mai venn
- Uncontrollable Poet, Erato
- Clocks, fiona sinclair
- Day Tripper, fiona sinclair
- Internet Dating, fiona sinclair
- Precious life it is!, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Family portrait, fiona sinclair
- Post dated appointment, fiona sinclair
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)