Toad, My Eastern American Toad
Playing Frisbee in the trailerhood
there's an Eastern American toad!
Bye bye little blue dragonflies
my toad needs energy to climb the trees
and climb to the very tip top of the couch
and jump off like a superhero toad
climb to the very top of the tree, my Toad
catch the flying Frisbee
and catch another toad
why don't you jump on our heads, my toad?
Winter is coming, we're running out of food
dig a hole under the treetrunk
and hibernate and dream
Oh, spring is here, my toad
Oh, which toad are you, my Toad?
You don't look like my toad
Oh, but I love you too
I love you all
my sweet Eastern American Toads.
Hide in my pocket, no one will see you
float in the sink and play peek-a-boo
just don't hide under the couch
a cute toad like you needs to stick around
Oh, my sweet toad what are you thinking about?
Climbing to the top of the world, my Toad?
And jumping off?
I'll catch you in my pocket
my sweet Eastern American Toad.
Oh, I love the look on your face
and I love holding you in my hand like a toad;
an Eastern American Toad.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Toad, My Eastern American Toad by Kelly Zion )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- My cage..., Liliana lopez
- Prayer To My Ancestors, Tony Adah
- You're Making This Too Easy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I need you., Tyler Anhorn
- Cosmic soul., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- What's up, dude..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Automatic Weaponry...And Kids….Ain't Chi.., James B. Earley
- I'll pray you never run away, Mark Heathcote
- See and please come, gajanan mishra
- The Wind, Sara Militello