To You I Run
While others run to their husbands and boy friends
Because these are mere men, who can change their minds anytime,
who can pass away and they can't give it all.
so I run to you.
While others run to their much a massed wealth.
This wealth that can pass anytime,
That can't buy life nor happiness
I have none but to run, to you I run, you have it all.
Above all you never pass and ever present.
I would still run to you, even if i had it all.
While others ran to their adorable parents, that can pass away,
That will not give all that they want and need
As much as their parents love them, they know not
what's best for them.
Some have been denounced by them that bore them
Have been wounded by them that they call parents.
Their tears have been left to run with no father nor mother
To wipe them away
But You have called me by my name, you knew me before I was born
My name is inscribed in the palms of your hands, you call me your child and you have good plans for my life.
And now am an heir in your precious kingdom.
You are able to give exceedingly, abundantly
You very well know what's good for me
Where else can I run, if not to you! !
While others run to their brothers, sisters
Am thankful that i have them, they love me very much
They still can't help me, they can't give all that i want
so I will still run to you.
Those that have run to friends, have been deserted
Left wounded and hurting.
Others have been supported, friends don't have it all
so they can't give it all
So still I have to run to you.
You have proved to be very dependable
With you everything is very possible and able
Never to fail and never to desert me no matter what
I have nowhere to run to
No one to run to
But to run to you.
Here am running to you.
Yes to you i run! ! ! ! ! !
kente lucy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To You I Run by kente lucy )
- सूर्य का अवतरण ढूँढते रह गए (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Young Man on a Bad Trip, Donal Mahoney
- The Golden Gate, Edward Kofi Louis
- Words - The Heart of Imagination?, Darlene Walsh
- With Your Vocation, Edward Kofi Louis
- Vocation, location!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Descent, Edward Kofi Louis
- Follow The Star, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Forgive And Let Go, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Good morning again, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- trash bag, rwetewrt erwtwer
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)