To You I Run
While others run to their husbands and boy friends
Because these are mere men, who can change their minds anytime,
who can pass away and they can't give it all.
so I run to you.
While others run to their much a massed wealth.
This wealth that can pass anytime,
That can't buy life nor happiness
I have none but to run, to you I run, you have it all.
Above all you never pass and ever present.
I would still run to you, even if i had it all.
While others ran to their adorable parents, that can pass away,
That will not give all that they want and need
As much as their parents love them, they know not
what's best for them.
Some have been denounced by them that bore them
Have been wounded by them that they call parents.
Their tears have been left to run with no father nor mother
To wipe them away
But You have called me by my name, you knew me before I was born
My name is inscribed in the palms of your hands, you call me your child and you have good plans for my life.
And now am an heir in your precious kingdom.
You are able to give exceedingly, abundantly
You very well know what's good for me
Where else can I run, if not to you! !
While others run to their brothers, sisters
Am thankful that i have them, they love me very much
They still can't help me, they can't give all that i want
so I will still run to you.
Those that have run to friends, have been deserted
Left wounded and hurting.
Others have been supported, friends don't have it all
so they can't give it all
So still I have to run to you.
You have proved to be very dependable
With you everything is very possible and able
Never to fail and never to desert me no matter what
I have nowhere to run to
No one to run to
But to run to you.
Here am running to you.
Yes to you i run! ! ! ! ! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To You I Run by kente lucy )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Cognac, Larisa Rzhepishevska
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Win the self, gajanan mishra
- (6) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- I Exist, Rohit Sapra
- The law of these times, Ravikumar C.P.
- So Many Minds Are Left Fractured, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Mystic Blake, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Today's World, Leong Ming Loong
- Thoughts in the Moonlight, Luo Zhihai
- Tales Of A Wife: Honeymoon, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Guard well, gajanan mishra