RIC S. BASTASA
To Sunshine Which Just Landed In My Skin Today
how many years did it take you
to travel in space just to reach me and
warm my skin?
do you have a story to tell too?
if you do, please stay a while and
tell me, for i am here with nothing
to do but listen.
oh you still have so many light years
to go? so many surfaces to touch?
you are bound to keep that secret with
you. I know how hard it is to take the
load of warmth and stay on nobody's
so you are going. Tasked and always going
and always taking with you something so
So go now. I shall not disturb you again.
I shall not ask you to reveal what belongs
to the sun and the stars.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Sunshine Which Just Landed In My Skin Today by RIC S. BASTASA )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Not worth as human, hasmukh amathalal
- Multicolored, gajanan mishra
- The Light that was Lost, Alexandra Matthews
- Interdependent, gajanan mishra
- Perhaps Of ofasianperhapsswayshymm, sEaN nOrTh
- Blamed too, hasmukh amathalal
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- BY Design, Terrance Tracy
- The Man of War and Flowers, Daniel Skentelbery
- Honest Love, Ronald Chapman