RIC S. BASTASA
To Sunshine Which Just Landed In My Skin Today
how many years did it take you
to travel in space just to reach me and
warm my skin?
do you have a story to tell too?
if you do, please stay a while and
tell me, for i am here with nothing
to do but listen.
oh you still have so many light years
to go? so many surfaces to touch?
you are bound to keep that secret with
you. I know how hard it is to take the
load of warmth and stay on nobody's
so you are going. Tasked and always going
and always taking with you something so
So go now. I shall not disturb you again.
I shall not ask you to reveal what belongs
to the sun and the stars.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Sunshine Which Just Landed In My Skin Today by RIC S. BASTASA )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1644 - 1694)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1612 – 16 September 1672)
Dr John Celes
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Only the View, David Lewis Paget
- Out-of-body Experience, Colm Keenan
- Burqawali Bibi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Gentle Soul, Joseph Narusiewicz
- He Watches over Me, Angela Khristin Brown
- A Modern Girl In The Make-Up, The Face A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Your Day, abdulrazak aralimatti
- The Deeds of the Devil, Swetashree Sahoo
- Without Spending Money, He Is A Net Poet.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Destruction, Aftab Alam